Saturday, March 14, 2009

Who Motivates the Motivator ?

I wrote a blog post a while back entitled "So, I Met This Guy... ," talking about my (now) friend and colleague, Steve Borek, business coach. Actually, "business coach" might be a bit of an understatement, but you can get all that from his web site, End Game Business.

Shortly after the meeting mentioned in that blog post, Steve awarded me the pleasure of updating his executive portrait and we came away with this image that portrays his personality: easy going, approachable, laid back, a kind of quiet confidence. That's also the way he conducts his coaching sessions -- quiet, laid back, and conversational; except he's not really doing the talking, you are (or in this case I was). And, he's not the one coming up with answers to your problems; he just casually facilitates you coming around to your own. Yup, he's as good a coach as he was invigorating conversationalist over coffee in my original blog post, and he helped me come to some life changing realizations.

And among other things, Steve also produces plays for the Baldwinsville Theatre Guild. As a matter of fact, right after I make this post I'll be heading there to see the closing performance of Exit the Body. So, if you have an urge to patronize your local theatre guild, give BTG a look.

Have an awesome day.

Kelvin

No comments: